Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Library's Online Catalog
Some suggested call numbers:
- D 410-523 (World War 1, 1914-1918)
- D 740-810 (World War II, 1939-1945)
- DS 917-DS919 (Korean War, 1950-1953)
- DS 79.76 (Iraq War)
- DS 371.4 (Afghan War)
- DS 557 - DS 559 (Vietnam War (Conflict), 1961-1975)
Some suggested subjects (do a SUBJECT search for these, rather than a keyword search):
- Afghan War, 2001-
- Iraq War, 2003-
- Korean War, 1950-1953
- World War, 1914-1918
- World War, 1939-1945
- Vietnam War (Conflict), 1961-1975
Locating Items in Maxwell Library
- Reference materials and audio CDs can be found on the 1st floor of Maxwell Library.
- Books in the A-L call number ranges are located on the 2nd floor of Maxwell Library.
- Books in the M-Z call number ranges are located on the 3rd floor of Maxwell Library.
- DVDs are located at the circulation desk. Ask a staff member for assistance.
How to Obtain Books from Other Libraries
Commonwealth Catalog and Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery Services
BSU faculty, librarians, administrators, students and staff may use Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery Services (ILL/DDS) to request materials not found in the Maxwell Library Collection.
Library users may use the Commonwealth Catalog to request books directly from participating Massachusetts libraries.
Credo Reference This link opens in a new window
Nearly 3.5 million full text articles in 835 reference books from 108 publishers. Includes encyclopedias, atlases, dictionaries, bilingual dictionaries, and subject-specific works.
eBook Collection (EBSCO) This link opens in a new window
Includes searchable full text for several thousand eBooks on a variety of subjects.
Gale Virtual Reference Library This link opens in a new window
Includes 320 encyclopedias and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research, including arts, biography, business, education, environment, history, law, library science, literature, medicine, multicultural studies, nation and world, religion, science, social science, and technology.