Steps to Finding Books
- Search Maxwell Library's online catalog. If we don't own the book you want, then:
- Search the Massachusetts Virtual Catalog. If the book you want is in the catalog request it and have it sent to Maxwell Library. If the VC doesn't have the book you want:
- Request the book through Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery Services. .
- You can also search for books in Google Books or WorldCat. If you identify titles in either one that you're interested in, you can then obtain them using steps 1-3.
Searching the Library Catalog Tips
Some suggested call numbers:
- GV561-GV1198: Sports
Some suggested subjects (do a SUBJECT search for these, rather than a keyword search):
- African American Dance
- Modern Dance
- Tap Dancing
Locating Items in Maxwell Library
- Reference materials and audio CDs can be found on the 1st floor of Maxwell Library.
- Books in the A-L call number ranges are located on the 2nd floor of Maxwell Library.
- Books in the M-Z call number ranges are located on the 3rd floor of Maxwell Library.
- DVDs are located at the circulation desk. Ask a staff member for assistance.