- Gale Academic OneFile This link opens in a new windowThe premier source for peer-reviewed, full-text articles for academic libraries from the world's leading journals, this comprehensive resource covers the physical and social sciences, medicine, engineering, the arts, technology, literature, and many other subjects. With millions of articles in both PDF and HTML full-text format and simultaneous, unlimited usage, researchers are able to find accurate, timely information quickly. Gale's InterLink technology intelligently connects contextually-relevant results from your library's eBook collection on GVRL within articles in a user's search results. The Topic Finder tool adds power and depth to searches, allowing students to mine their search results and develop their research focus in ways never before available.
- Academic Search Complete This link opens in a new windowMulti-disciplinary full-text database with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. Indexes and abstracts more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, and conference proceedings. Searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,400 journals.
- America: History and Life (with Full Text) This link opens in a new windowFull text coverage of the history and culture of the United States and Canada from prehistory to the present. Includes nearly 200 journals and 100 books, selective indexing for over 1,700 journals, and abstracts in English of foreign language articles.
- Diversity Studies Collection This link opens in a new windowMore than 2.7 million articles from 150 journals, updated daily, exploring cultural differences, contributions, and influences in the global community.
- Films on Demand This link opens in a new windowIncludes approximately 26,000 video titles and more than 250,000 video segments covering a broad range of subject areas including humanities, social sciences, business, economics, science, mathematics, health, and medicine.
- Gender Studies Collection This link opens in a new windowIncludes approximately 440 journals covering topics in gender studies, family and marital issues, and more.
- Health and Medicine This link opens in a new windowCreated specifically for students, knowledgeable consumer health researchers, and health care professionals. Includes more than 2,500 embargo-free, full-text periodicals, reference books, pamphlets, and hundreds of videos demonstrating medical procedures and live surgeries.
- Historical Abstracts with Full Text This link opens in a new windowFull text for more than 540 journals and 140 books, indexing of historical articles from more than 2,300 journals in over 40 languages, and searchable cited references for more than 500 journals. Coverage dates back to 1953, with some coverage for titles back to the early 20th century. Subjects include world history, military history, women’s history, history of education and more.
- JSTOR This link opens in a new windowMaxwell Library has access to more than 3,500 journal titles across the following five collections: Arts & Sciences I, II, III, IV, and Ecology and Botany I. Subject coverage includes mathematics, philosophy, anthropology, economics, history, literature, population studies, sociology, music, art, law, education, business, botany, and ecology.
- PsycINFO This link opens in a new windowThe world's largest resource devoted to peer-reviewed literature in behavioral science and mental health. Includes nearly 4 million bibliographic records from more than 50 countries and indexing of more than 2,500 journals, 99% of which are peer-reviewed. Coverage dates back to the 17th and 18th centuries, with extensive coverage from the 1800s to the present. Produced by the American Psychological Association (APA) and updated weekly.
- ScienceDirect College Edition This link opens in a new windowProvides access to thousands of journals relating to research and advances in science happening around the globe. Maxwell Library has access to the following collection: Health & Life Sciences Journals.
- SocIndex with Full Text This link opens in a new windowFull text for more than 650 journals and magazines, including more than 620 peer-reviewed journals and 320 non-embargoed journals. Covers a broad range of studies, including gender studies, criminal justice, social psychology, religion, racial studies, and social work. Abstracts date back to 1895.
- Women and Social Movements in the United States, 1600-2000 This link opens in a new windowMore than 120 document projects and archives with 5,100 documents and more than 170,000 pages of additional full-text documents, written by 2,700 primary authors. It also includes book, film, and website reviews, notes from the archives, and teaching tools relating to the history of women in social movements in the U.S. between 1600 and 2000.
- EconLit with Full Text This link opens in a new windowFull text for more than 70 journals and 15 books, and all of the indexing available in EconLit. Subjects include capital markets, country studies, econometrics, economic forecasting, environmental economics, government regulations, labor economics, monetary theory, and urban economics.
***Limited to 1 user at a time.
Looking for a particular article?
You can determine whether Maxwell Library subscribes to a particular journal with the A-Z journal list which lists all of our print and electronic subscriptions.
If you need an article from a journal to which we do not subscribe, you may request it through Interlibrary loan.
Chat with a Librarian
Maxwell Library, Room L109
Mon - Fri.: 7:30 am - 11:45 pm
Sat.: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Sun.: 12pm – 11:45pm