Mon - Thur.: 7:30 am – 11:45 pm
Fri.: 7:30 am – 5:00 pm
Sat.: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Sun.: 12pm – 10:00pm
Chat with a Librarian
Search the Library Catalog
Maxwell Library uses the Library of Congress Classification System. To locate your book in the General Collection look at the first letter of the call number. If it begins with the letter A-L, it will be on the second floor. If it starts with the letters M-Z, it will be on the third floor. Reference Books and periodicals are located on the first floor and may not be checked out.
These databases require a BSU login.
- Academic Search Complete This link opens in a new windowMulti-disciplinary full-text database with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. Indexes and abstracts more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, and conference proceedings. Searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,400 journals.
- Gale Academic OneFile This link opens in a new windowThe premier source for peer-reviewed, full-text articles for academic libraries from the world's leading journals, this comprehensive resource covers the physical and social sciences, medicine, engineering, the arts, technology, literature, and many other subjects. With millions of articles in both PDF and HTML full-text format and simultaneous, unlimited usage, researchers are able to find accurate, timely information quickly. Gale's InterLink technology intelligently connects contextually-relevant results from your library's eBook collection on GVRL within articles in a user's search results. The Topic Finder tool adds power and depth to searches, allowing students to mine their search results and develop their research focus in ways never before available.
- News & Newspapers This link opens in a new windowSearchable full text for The Boston Globe 1980-present, New York Daily Times 1851-1857, New York Times 1857-present, and Wall Street Journal 1984-present.
- Nexis Uni (formerly: LexisNexis Academic) This link opens in a new windowNexis Uni™ features more than 15,000 news, business and legal sources from LexisNexis®—including U.S. Supreme Court decisions dating back to 1790—with an intuitive interface that offers quick discovery across all content types, personalization features such as Alerts and saved searches and a collaborative workspace with shared folders and annotated documents.
- Credo Reference This link opens in a new windowNearly 3.5 million full text articles in 835 reference books from 108 publishers. Includes encyclopedias, atlases, dictionaries, bilingual dictionaries, and subject-specific works.
- Historical New York Times (ProQuest News & Newspapers) This link opens in a new windowProvides genealogists, researchers and scholars with online, easily-searchable first-hand accounts and unparalleled coverage of the politics, society and events of the time, covering 1851-2013.
- Opposing Viewpoints In Context This link opens in a new windowCovers today's hottest social issues, offering differing views to help learners develop critical-thinking skills and draw their own conclusions. Includes pro/con viewpoints, reference articles, interactive maps, infographics, and more.
- Fan CULTure byCall Number: HM646 .F34 2014ISBN: 9780786474189Publication Date: 2013
- Fandom byCall Number: HM646 .F36 2007
- Productive Fandom byCall Number: EBOOKPublication Date: 2018
- Sportista byISBN: 9781439909645Publication Date: 201
Select Moral Panic Books
- Moral Panic byCall Number: HV6570.2 .J46Publication Date: 1998
- Moral Panic and the Politics of Anxiety byCall Number: HM811 .M67 2011Publication Date: 2011
- We Believe the Children byCall Number: HV6570.2 .B43 2015Publication Date: 2015