Locating Items in Maxwell Library
Maxwell Library uses the Library of Congress Classification System. General Collection books with call numbers beginning with A-L are on the second floor. and M-Z will be on the third floor.
General and Anthropology Online Databases
All databases require a BSU login.
- Gale Academic OneFile This link opens in a new windowThe premier source for peer-reviewed, full-text articles for academic libraries from the world's leading journals, this comprehensive resource covers the physical and social sciences, medicine, engineering, the arts, technology, literature, and many other subjects. With millions of articles in both PDF and HTML full-text format and simultaneous, unlimited usage, researchers are able to find accurate, timely information quickly. Gale's InterLink technology intelligently connects contextually-relevant results from your library's eBook collection on GVRL within articles in a user's search results. The Topic Finder tool adds power and depth to searches, allowing students to mine their search results and develop their research focus in ways never before available.
- Academic Search Complete This link opens in a new windowMulti-disciplinary full-text database with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. Indexes and abstracts more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, and conference proceedings. Searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,400 journals.
- JSTOR This link opens in a new windowMaxwell Library has access to more than 3,500 journal titles across the following five collections: Arts & Sciences I, II, III, IV, and Ecology and Botany I. Subject coverage includes mathematics, philosophy, anthropology, economics, history, literature, population studies, sociology, music, art, law, education, business, botany, and ecology.
- Project MUSE This link opens in a new windowAn interdisciplinary collection of more than 650 high quality, peer reviewed journals designed for institutions acquiring extensively in the humanities and social sciences.
- More Library DatabasesClick here for a list of the other databases available through Maxwell Library
- Diversity Studies Collection This link opens in a new windowMore than 2.7 million articles from 150 journals, updated daily, exploring cultural differences, contributions, and influences in the global community.
- Films on Demand This link opens in a new windowIncludes approximately 26,000 video titles and more than 250,000 video segments covering a broad range of subject areas including humanities, social sciences, business, economics, science, mathematics, health, and medicine.
- Google Scholar This link opens in a new windowA freely accessible web search engine that indexes the full text or metadata of scholarly literature across an array of publishing formats and disciplines.
- Nexis Uni (formerly: LexisNexis Academic) This link opens in a new windowNexis Uni™ features more than 15,000 news, business and legal sources from LexisNexis®—including U.S. Supreme Court decisions dating back to 1790—with an intuitive interface that offers quick discovery across all content types, personalization features such as Alerts and saved searches and a collaborative workspace with shared folders and annotated documents.
- Science Database This link opens in a new windowProQuest Science Journals™ is a resource for students studying both the applied and general sciences. ProQuest Science Journals provides research support for both the applied and general sciences. Good for students in academic research environments, this collection of scientific journals offers users a one-stop resource for their research needs. Titles available from ProQuest Science Journals include: Journal of Climate, The Journal of Nutrition, Journal of the Atmospheric Sciences, and Critical Reviews in Environmental Science and Technology.
- Science in Context This link opens in a new windowFull text for millions of articles from national and global publications as well as more than 200 experiments, projects, and top reference content. Showcases how scientific disciplines relate to real-world issues ranging from bacteria to obesity and weather.
- SocIndex with Full Text This link opens in a new windowFull text for more than 650 journals and magazines, including more than 620 peer-reviewed journals and 320 non-embargoed journals. Covers a broad range of studies, including gender studies, criminal justice, social psychology, religion, racial studies, and social work. Abstracts date back to 1895.
Maxwell Library, Room L109
Mon - Fri.: 7:30 am - 11:45 pm
Sat.: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Sun.: 12pm – 11:45pm