Note: Use the library's A to Z Journal List to find out which periodicals Maxwell Library subscribes to. The A to Z Journal List will also tell you which databases contain the full-text for the journals you are interested in.
In some cases, some periodicals are only indexed and abstracted in the databases; the full-text is not available. When that is the case, you can use Interlibrary Loan to obtain articles you need.
The links below will bring you to only one database of potentially many that cover the periodical in question.
Citation & APA Resources
Citation Style GuidesBibliographic style guides
APA Formatting & Style GuideFrom OWL by Purdue University
Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, Sixth EditionCopies kept at Reference Desk, Circulation Desk, and Educational Resource Center
- Academic Search Complete This link opens in a new windowMulti-disciplinary full-text database with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. Indexes and abstracts more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, and conference proceedings. Searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,400 journals.
- GreenFILE This link opens in a new windowProvides indexing and abstracts for more than 850,000 records and open access full-text for nearly 13,000 records. Subjects include global climate change, green building, pollution, sustainable agriculture, renewable energy, and recycling.
- Global Issues in Context This link opens in a new windowIntegrates news, global viewpoints, reference materials, country information, primary source documents, videos, statistics, and more in a single search; updated daily and offers 250 different country topic pages and more than 400 Issue pages. Global Issues Viewpoints contains more than 3,000 exclusive commentaries that provide background and guidance on significant topics.
- Environmental Studies and Policy This link opens in a new windowMore than 5.4 million articles from more than 300 journals and book reference content on topics related to environmental concerns.
- News & Newspapers This link opens in a new windowSearchable full text for The Boston Globe 1980-present, New York Daily Times 1851-1857, New York Times 1857-present, and Wall Street Journal 1984-present.
- ScienceDirect College Edition This link opens in a new windowProvides access to thousands of journals relating to research and advances in science happening around the globe. Maxwell Library has access to the following collection: Health & Life Sciences Journals.
- Films on Demand This link opens in a new windowIncludes approximately 26,000 video titles and more than 250,000 video segments covering a broad range of subject areas including humanities, social sciences, business, economics, science, mathematics, health, and medicine.