Finding Journal Articles
Some, but not all, of the articles you find in these databases will be available in full text. Look for the "full text finder" links. If an article is not available at Maxwell Library you can request it from interlibrary loan.
- Political Science Complete This link opens in a new windowFull text for nearly 700 journals, 330 reference books, and 47,000 conference papers covering political topics with a worldwide focus. Subjects include comparative politics, humanitarian issues, international relations, law and legislation, non-governmental organizations, and political theory.
- Nexis Uni (formerly: LexisNexis Academic) This link opens in a new windowNexis Uni™ features more than 15,000 news, business and legal sources from LexisNexis®—including U.S. Supreme Court decisions dating back to 1790—with an intuitive interface that offers quick discovery across all content types, personalization features such as Alerts and saved searches and a collaborative workspace with shared folders and annotated documents.
- Emerald Open Access Articles and Chapters This link opens in a new windowOpen access journals in subject areas including human resources and organizational behavior, information and knowledge management, health and social care, climate change, environmental issues, healthcare management, public policy, and more.
- Education Research Complete This link opens in a new windowFull text for more than 1,300 education journals, 540 books, and 2,300 education-related conference papers. Indexing and abstracts for more than 2,400 journals. Covers the areas of curriculum instruction, administration, policy, funding, and related social issues. Subjects include all levels of education from early childhood to higher education and all educational specialties, such as multilingual education, health education, and testing.
- Ageline This link opens in a new windowBibliographic references and original abstracts for materials related to aging and middle age, from an interdisciplinary perspective of psychology, economics, sociology, gerontology, public policy, business, health and health care services, and consumer issues. Documents on health care and policy comprise about half the database. Document types include, journal articles, books, book chapters, reports, and government documents. Journal coverage includes research, professional and general interest titles.
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service Abstracts This link opens in a new windowA federally funded, open access resource offering justice and drug-related information to support research, policy, and program development worldwide. Includes summaries of more than 174,000 publications on criminal justice, including federal, state, and local government reports, books, research reports, journal articles, and unpublished research. Topics include corrections, courts, drugs and crime, law enforcement, juvenile justice and victims of crime.
- Academic Search Complete This link opens in a new windowMulti-disciplinary full-text database with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. Indexes and abstracts more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, and conference proceedings. Searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,400 journals.
- Opposing Viewpoints In Context This link opens in a new windowCovers today's hottest social issues, offering differing views to help learners develop critical-thinking skills and draw their own conclusions. Includes pro/con viewpoints, reference articles, interactive maps, infographics, and more.
How do I obtain an article if I have the citation?
Google Scholar This link opens in a new window
You can enter the title of a journal article into GoogleScholar to find out if it is available in Maxwell Library, and get a direct link to it.
You can contact the library by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or text (508) 425-4096
Or set up a research consultation
Or call the circulation desk (508) 531-1392
Or use the "Chat" feature from the library homepage
- Administration & Society1999-present
- Journal of Law, Economics, & Organization1996-present
- Journal of Public Policy1999-present
- Law and Contemporary Problems1933-present
- Legislative Studies Quarterly2007-present (print 1995-2014)
- Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly2001-present
- Public Administration Quarterly1983-present
- Public Opinion Quarterly1937-present
- Public Administration Review1940-present
- Review of Policy Research1997-present
- State and Local Government Review1999-present
- University of Chicago Law Review1933-present
- Washington Monthly1985-present
Clement C. Maxwell Library