To assist in finding journal and periodical articles - these databases may require BSU login.
- PsycINFO This link opens in a new windowThe world's largest resource devoted to peer-reviewed literature in behavioral science and mental health. Includes nearly 4 million bibliographic records from more than 50 countries and indexing of more than 2,500 journals, 99% of which are peer-reviewed. Coverage dates back to the 17th and 18th centuries, with extensive coverage from the 1800s to the present. Produced by the American Psychological Association (APA) and updated weekly.
- MEDLINE This link opens in a new windowOver 26 million references to journal articles in life sciences with concentration in biomedicine and citations from over 6,700 worldwide journals in 60 languages. Coverage dates back to 1809.
- Criminal Justice Abstracts with Full Text This link opens in a new windowMore than 320 full-text magazines and journals, 540,000 records, and coverage of more than 600 journals from around the world. Subjects include criminology, criminal justice, corrections and prisons, criminal investigations, forensic sciences and investigation, substance abuse and addiction, and probation and parole.
- Academic Search Complete This link opens in a new windowMulti-disciplinary full-text database with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. Indexes and abstracts more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, and conference proceedings. Searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,400 journals.
- Education Research Complete This link opens in a new windowFull text for more than 1,300 education journals, 540 books, and 2,300 education-related conference papers. Indexing and abstracts for more than 2,400 journals. Covers the areas of curriculum instruction, administration, policy, funding, and related social issues. Subjects include all levels of education from early childhood to higher education and all educational specialties, such as multilingual education, health education, and testing.
- Social Work Abstracts This link opens in a new windowExtensive coverage of more than 500 social work and human services journals dating back to 1965. Subjects include therapy, education, human services, addictions, child and family welfare, mental health, and civil and legal rights. Produced by the National Association of Social Workers (NASW).
***Limited to 4 maximum users at a time.
- Diversity Studies Collection This link opens in a new windowMore than 2.7 million articles from 150 journals, updated daily, exploring cultural differences, contributions, and influences in the global community.
Type the title of an article into Google Scholar to find out if it is available at Maxwell Library. You can also find out where else it was cited.
Books in "General Collection" with call numbers that start with the letters A-L are located on the second floor.
Those with call numbers that start with the letters M-Z are on the third floor.
Clement C. Maxwell Library
Mon - Fri.: 7:30 am - 11:45 pm
Sat.: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Sun.: 12pm – 11:45pm