This guide is intended to help you find newspaper and magazine articles that were published in the 1980s and 1990s regarding the HIV pandemic.
1, Each of these databases can be searched by using keywords (subject terms) that you type into search boxes
hiv or aids or acquired human immunodeficiency syndrome or human immunodeficiency virus
2. You may narrow the search down by adding another term(s) such as
pandemic or epidemic or outbreak
3. Then you can narrow your search by date
4. After narrowing your search down, click on the title of the articles to find more information about the article.
5. If the fulltext is available in pdf or htm, or linked fulltext; you can read it.(If the link says interlibrary loan it means that you will have to request that we try to get it from another library through our interlibrary loan services.)
These databases require a BSU login.
- Academic Search Complete This link opens in a new windowThis database has magazines, scholarly journals and newspapers. After entering your search terms you can use the "Limit to" (left column), section to narrow your search by years and the "Source Type" to narrow your search to magazines and newspapers
- Gale Academic OneFile This link opens in a new windowIncludes full-text articles.
1. Type your search terms into the search box.
2. Use the filters on the right to narrow by publication date
3. At the top of the page "showing results for you can select magazines or news
- Nexis Uni (formerly: LexisNexis Academic) This link opens in a new windowNexis Uni™ features news, business and legal sources .You can narrow your search to specific databases by selecting "Choose Date Range."
- News & Newspapers This link opens in a new windowYou can limit your search to specific dates.
Mon - Thur.: 7:30 am – 11:45 pm
Fri.: 7:30 am – 5:00 pm
Sat.: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Sun.: 12pm – 10:00pm