Search the Library Catalog
Maxwell Library uses the Library of Congress Classification System. To locate your book in the General Collection look at the first letter of the call number. If it begins with the letter A-L it will be on the second floor. If it starts with the letters M-Z it will be on the third floor.
Try the Subject Terms "Motion Picture plays-History and Criticism"
Steps to Finding Books
- Search the Maxwell Library's online catalog. If we don't own the book you want, then:
- Search the Massachusetts Commonwealth Catalog. (C.C.) If the book you want is in the catalog, request it and have it sent to Maxwell Library. If the CC doesn't have the book you want:
- Request the book through Interlibrary Loan.
- You can also search for books in Google Books or WorldCat. If you identify titles in either one that you're interested in, you can then obtain them using steps 1-3.
Some suggested call numbers:
- Physical Education and Training
Locating Items in Maxwell Library
- Reference materials and audio CDs can be found on the 1st floor of Maxwell Library.
- Books in the A-L call number ranges are located on the 2nd floor of Maxwell Library.
- Books in the M-Z call number ranges are located on the 3rd floor of Maxwell Library.
- DVDs are located at the circulation desk. Ask a staff member for assistance.
How to Obtain Books from Other Libraries
Films on Demand - Streaming Video
Try searching ;"athletic performance" or "physical performance."