Associations & Organizations
- American Medical AssociationThe AMA's official Web page, which includes a directory of medical societies by state, press releases, and other medical resources on the Internet.
Childhood Obesity in Massachusetts
- Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons"Assessment Tools for Weight and Health Related Risk"
- United States. National Agricultural Library. Dietary Guidance.Dietary Assessment.
Diseases and Illnesses
- Diabetes DictionaryFrom the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases.
- HealthMapTracks outbreaks of infectious diseases worldwide.
Doctors and Hospitals
- American Board of Medical Specialties' CertifiedDoctor VerificationSearch to see whether your doctor is certified by one of the 24 ABMS medical boards. You may also search for names of doctors in your area with particular specialties.
- American Hospital DirectoryThe directory provides on-line data for over 6,000 hospitals.
- Massachusetts Board of Registration in MedicineInformation on all licensed physicians in Massachusetts, searchable.
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education ProgramsAccredits programs representing 18 allied health professions recognizing over 1900 allied health education programs in more than 1300 institutions. These institutions include universities and colleges, academic health centers, junior and community colleges.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention. CDCP.Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity and Obesity
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center - About Herbs, Botanicals & Other ProductsReview of herbal products, complete with references.
Nutrition & Supplements
- USDA Nutrient Data LaboratoryProvide complete nutritional information: from the US Department of Agriculture's Nutrient Database.
- Fast Food ExplorerThe nutritional content of fast foods from various restaurants.