- American Icons : An Encyclopedia of the People, Places, and Things that have Shaped Our CultureCall Number: Ref E169.1 .A472155 2006
- Grocery byCall Number: HD9321.5 .R83 2017Publication Date: 2017
- Mom : the Transformation of Motherhood in Modern AmericaCall Number: General HQ759 .P564 2010
- Tobacco, Pipes, and Race in Colonial Virginia byPublication Date: 2014
Films on Demand - Streaming Video
Steps to Finding Books
- Search Maxwell Library's catalog. If we don't own the book you want, then:
- Search the Massachusetts Commonwealth Catalog (ComCat). If the book you want is in the catalog, request it and have it sent to Maxwell Library. If the ComCat doesn't have the book you want:
- Request the book through Interlibrary Loan.
- You can also search for books in Google Books or WorldCat. If you identify titles in either one that you're interested in, you can then obtain them using steps 1-3.
Locating Items in Maxwell Library
- Reference materials and audio CDs can be found on the 1st floor of Maxwell Library.
- Books in the A-L call number ranges are located on the 2nd floor of Maxwell Library.
- Books in the M-Z call number ranges are located on the 3rd floor of Maxwell Library.
- DVDs are located at the circulation desk. Ask a staff member for assistance.
- Generation M Misogyny in Media and CultureCall Number: DVD HQ1233 .G46 2008
- Mickey Mouse Monopoly Media Education FoundationCall Number: DVD PN1999.W27 M53 2002
- Credo Reference This link opens in a new windowAn online reference library.
- eBook Collection (EBSCO) This link opens in a new windowSearchable collection of e-books and electronic content
- Gale eBooks (formerly Gale Virtual Reference Library) This link opens in a new windowA database of encyclopedias and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research.
How to Obtain Books from Other Libraries
- Commonwealth Catalog and Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery ServicesBSU faculty, librarians, administrators, students and staff may use Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery Services (ILL/DDS) to request materials not found in the Maxwell Library Collection.
Library users may use the Commonwealth Catalog to request books directly from participating Massachusetts libraries.