Skip to Main Content
Professional Organizations & Mentoring Programs
- The Summer Health Professions Education Program (SHPEP): A free transformative summer experience that offers opportunities for freshmen and sophomores in college to explore a range of health careers, including medicine, dentistry, nursing, optometry, pharmacy, physical therapy, and public health. SHPEP scholars have a legacy of success: over 65% of scholars who apply to medical or dental school are accepted. How to Apply.
- The Summer Health Professions Education Program (SHPEP) YouTube Channel
- Association of Black Women Physicians offers a Sister-to-Sister Mentoring Program which provides a guided mentorship program for black women physicians, physicians in training and pre-medical undergraduate students. Membership for undergraduate students is $10.
- American Medical Women's Association is comprised of physicians, residents, medical students, pre-medical students, health care professionals, and supporters. AMWA is the oldest multispecialty organization dedicated to advancing women in medicine and improving women’s health.
- Black Men in White Coats seeks to increase the number of Black Men In The field of medicine by exposure, inspiration, and mentoring.
- Action Collaborative for Black Men in Medicine is a network community that will focus on systemic solutions to increase the representation and success of Black men interested in medicine sponsored by the AAMC and the National Medical Association.