This site provides resources and information to assist BSU students interested in medical, dental, and veterinary professions, as well as other health professions, allowing students to better plan for and navigate the process of searching for and applying to graduate school.
What services do we provide?
1. Pre-Health Club Meetings take place every Monday at 6 pm in DMF 371 - To learn more, contact the club's co-leaders, Savana Soares at email@example.com or Austin Baacke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Full time and possibly part-time positions open at Mass General Hospital - Clinical Research Coordinator - Spanish language pref. MGH is currently recruiting for several research assistant positions and are particularly interested in applicants who are bilingual in English/Spanish. Job posting.
4. BSU Career Services is hosting a Virtual Resume Writing Workshop, Thursday, September 16 from 3-4 pm. To register for this event log in to Handshake.
5. BSU Career Services is hosting a Virtual Effective Interviewing Workshop, Wednesday, September 29 from 2-3 pm. To register for this event log in to Handshake.
6. BSU Career Services is hosting a Virtual Resume Writing Workshop, Wednesday, October 30 from 4-5 pm. To register for this event log in to Handshake.
7. STEM and Health Sciences Virtual Job & Internship Fair: Tuesday, November 9 from 2-5 pm
This virtual career fair hosted on Handshake will allow you to setup virtual information sessions and one-on-one prescheduled and day-of video chats with interested candidates. This event will be open to all students and alumni, but will focus on students from the Bartlett College of Science and Mathematics and health related majors from the College of Education and Health Sciences. Visit the links to learn more about their undergraduate and graduate programs.
Please note that registration for all interviews and events will be on our Handshake platform with registration opening in late July. If you are not already using Handshake, create your company and profile. Once approved, you will be able to post your opportunities and submit interview and/or event requests. Details regarding setting up and operation of virtual events will be provided in your confirmation email. If you have questions about these events, contact Career Services at: 508-531-1328.
8. The Summer Health Professions Education Program (SHPEP): A free transformative summer experience that offers opportunities for freshmen and sophomores in college to explore a range of health careers, including medicine, dentistry, nursing, optometry, pharmacy, physical therapy, and public health. SHPEP scholars have a legacy of success: over 65% of scholars who apply to medical or dental school are accepted. How to Apply. Application Opens on November 1, 2020 and the Application Deadline is February 5, 2021 at 11:59 pm.
How to Make an Appointment
LinkedIn: BSU Pre-Health Advising
Alexandra Adams, PhD, Health Professions Coordinator and Chair of the HPAC Committee
Steve Haefner, PhD, Professor and Chair, Department of Chemical Sciences
Samer Lone, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Chemical Sciences
Joseph Seggio, PhD, Associate Professor, Department
of Biological Sciences
Steven Haefner, Ph.D.
Professor and Chair, Department of Chemical Sciences
Chair, Post-Bacc Health Professions and Pre-Medical Sciences Program
Bridgewater State University
DMF - Room 411