Research Process Guide
Information on creating an outline as presented by the librarians at Georgia Tech
DPLA - Digital Public Library of AmericaNearly 17 million digitized items from libraries, archives, museums, and open access online resources. Brings together different viewpoints, experiences, and collections in a single platform and portal, providing open and coherent access to our society’s digitized cultural heritage.
Google ScholarA freely accessible web search engine that indexes the full text or metadata of scholarly literature across an array of publishing formats and disciplines.
Evaluating WebsitesA guide to help you to determine if a website is credible or not.
- World History in Context This link opens in a new windowWorld History in Context provides information on hundreds of the most significant people, events and topics in world history over 5,000 years from antiquity to the present and geographically around the world from reference books, journals, news articles, primary source documents, images, videos, and audio files.
- Historical Abstracts with Full Text This link opens in a new windowFull text for more than 540 journals and 140 books, indexing of historical articles from more than 2,300 journals in over 40 languages, and searchable cited references for more than 500 journals. Coverage dates back to 1953, with some coverage for titles back to the early 20th century. Subjects include world history, military history, women’s history, history of education and more.
- MLA International Bibliography This link opens in a new windowMore than 2.7 million citations, 6,000 journals and series, 1,200 book publishers, and over 372,000 subject names and terms covering literature, language and linguistics, folklore, film, literary theory and criticism, dramatic arts, as well as the historical aspects of printing and publishing. Listings on rhetoric and composition and the history, theory and practice of teaching language and literature are also included.
- Literature Resource Center This link opens in a new windowBiographical information, overviews, full-text literary criticism and reviews on more than 130,000 writers in all disciplines, from all time periods and from around the world. Includes more than 160,000 complete entries from two award-winning series - Contemporary Authors and Dictionary of Literary Biography - for in-depth biographical, bibliographical, and contextual information on authors’ lives and works.
- Religion & Philosophy Collection (EBSCO) This link opens in a new windowFull text for more than 200 journals and magazines, more than 170 of which are peer-reviewed. Full-text coverage dates back to 1911. Subjects include world religions, major denominations, biblical studies, religious history, epistemology, political philosophy, philosophy of language, moral philosophy, and the history of philosophy.
- Religion and Philosophy Collection (Gale) This link opens in a new windowIncludes 1.1 million articles covering topics across a wide range of philosophies and religions. Subjects range from the impact religion has had on culture throughout history to theological approaches to social issues. Updated daily.
- Gale Academic OneFile This link opens in a new windowThe premier source for peer-reviewed, full-text articles for academic libraries from the world's leading journals, this comprehensive resource covers the physical and social sciences, medicine, engineering, the arts, technology, literature, and many other subjects. With millions of articles in both PDF and HTML full-text format and simultaneous, unlimited usage, researchers are able to find accurate, timely information quickly. Gale's InterLink technology intelligently connects contextually-relevant results from your library's eBook collection on GVRL within articles in a user's search results. The Topic Finder tool adds power and depth to searches, allowing students to mine their search results and develop their research focus in ways never before available.
- Academic Search Complete This link opens in a new windowMulti-disciplinary full-text database with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. Indexes and abstracts more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, and conference proceedings. Searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,400 journals.
Clement C. Maxwell Library
Clement C. Maxwell Library