Enter your query using free-form natural language.
Finding Books: Search Tips
Books on Chemistry are shelved on the third floor in the library. Their call numbers (or shelf numbers) start with QD.
When do not know what to search, do a subject search with the following headings:
- General (QD1-65) includes alchemy
- Analytical chemistry (QD71-142)
- Inorganic chemistry (QD146-197)
- Organic chemistry (QD241-441)
- Biochemistry (QD415-436)
- Physical and theoretical chemistry (QD450-801)
- Radiation chemistry (QD625-655)
- Photochemistry (QD701-731)
- Crystallography QD901-999)
- Molecular Physics (QC170-197)
- Nuclear physics (QC770-798)
Selected Print Reference Books
There are several ways to search for articles on your research topic:
If the library does not subscribe to the article or journal you need, you can still obtain it by filling out a request through Interlibrary Loan:
Search Journals by Subject
Click on the links below to view lists of journals by topic:
For a complete list of all journals available from the Maxwell Library, go to:
Search Webster (Library Catalog)
Maxwell Library uses the Library of Congress Classification System. To locate your book in the General Collection look at the first letter of the call number. If it begins with the letter A-L, it will be on the second floor. If it starts with the letters M-Z, it will be on the third floor. Reference Books and periodicals are located on the first floor and may not be checked out.