- Academic Search Complete This link opens in a new windowA general-interest academic database which features full text for over 2,300 scholarly (peer-reviewed) journals as well as abstracts and indexing for many additional titles. Note that more than one EBSCOhost database may be searched at the same time via a separate simultaneous search page.
- Criminal Justice Abstracts with Full Text This link opens in a new windowComprehensive coverage of the major journals in criminology and related disciplines, extensive coverage of books, and access to reports from government and nongovernmental agencies, including full text of articles from more than 200 journals as well as full text of selected books.
- Criminal Justice Collection This link opens in a new windowBrings together information on every major topic in criminal justice from more than 250 journals.
- Criminology: a SAGE Full-Text Collection This link opens in a new windowContent not current. Full-text Access to legacy journals only.
More than 25,000 articles in 38 peer-reviewed journals, with access back to 1999. Subjects include corrections, criminal justice, family and domestic violence, forensic psychology, juvenile delinquency, juvenile justice, penology, and policing.
- Gale Academic OneFile This link opens in a new windowThe premier source for peer-reviewed, full-text articles for academic libraries from the world's leading journals, this comprehensive resource covers the physical and social sciences, medicine, engineering, the arts, technology, literature, and many other subjects. With millions of articles in both PDF and HTML full-text format and simultaneous, unlimited usage, researchers are able to find accurate, timely information quickly. Gale's InterLink technology intelligently connects contextually-relevant results from your library's eBook collection on GVRL within articles in a user's search results. The Topic Finder tool adds power and depth to searches, allowing students to mine their search results and develop their research focus in ways never before available.
- Gale Academic OneFile Select (formerly Expanded Academic ASAP) This link opens in a new window(formerly Expanded Academic ASAP) covers everything from art and literature to economics and the sciences. This resource for academic research integrates the full text of publications from across the disciplines and now includes vocational/technical titles used by community college students, filling a specific need for curriculum-oriented collections. Gale Academic OneFile Select provides indexing for more than 5,000 periodicals, more than 2,800 in full text without any embargo. The combination of full text for scholarly journals and selected general interest titles for smaller academic libraries is ideal.
- HeinOnline Academic This link opens in a new windowHeinOnline is the world's largest fully searchable, image-based government document and legal research database. It contains comprehensive coverage from inception of U.S. statutory materials, U.S. Congressional Documents and more than 2,600 scholarly journals. HeinOnline provides topic specific databases including all of the world's constitutions, all U.S. treaties, collections of classic treatises and presidential documents, Criminal Justice, Religion and the Law, and Women and the Law among others. Full text of state and federal case law powered by Fastcase is included.
- JSTOR This link opens in a new windowA full-image collection of retrospective issues from scholarly journals of prime importance in their fields. Subject coverage includes mathematics, philosophy, anthropology, Asian studies, economics, history, literature, population studies, and sociology (from the Arts & Sciences I Collection) and botany and ecology (from the Ecology & Botany Collection).
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service Abstracts This link opens in a new windowSummaries of more than 174,000 publications on criminal justice, including Federal, state, and local government reports, books, research reports, journal articles, and unpublished research. Topics include corrections, courts, drugs and crime, law enforcement, juvenile justice and victims of crime.
- Nexis Uni (formerly: LexisNexis Academic) This link opens in a new windowNexis Uni™ features more than 15,000 news, business and legal sources from LexisNexis®—including U.S. Supreme Court decisions dating back to 1790—with an intuitive interface that offers quick discovery across all content types, personalization features such as Alerts and saved searches and a collaborative workspace with shared folders and annotated documents.
- Political Science Complete This link opens in a new windowFull text for nearly 700 journals, 330 reference books, and 47,000 conference papers covering political topics with a worldwide focus. Subjects include comparative politics, humanitarian issues, international relations, law and legislation, non-governmental organizations, and political theory.
- PsycARTICLES This link opens in a new windowThe database contains more than 45,000 articles from 57 journals - 46 published by the American Psychological Association and 11 from allied organizations.
- Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection This link opens in a new windowFull text for more than 500 journals, covering a broad range of subjects in the fields of psychology, behavioral sciences, and related disciplines. Subjects include anthropology, emotional and behavioral characteristics, mental processes, observational and experimental methods, and psychiatry and psychology.
- PsycINFO This link opens in a new windowAbstracts and references for articles from professional psychology journals.
- ScienceDirect College Edition This link opens in a new windowScienceDirect is a full-text scientific database offering journal articles and book chapters from thousands of peer-reviewed journals and books covering science, technology and medicine.
- SocIndex with Full Text This link opens in a new windowFull text for more than 650 journals and magazines, including more than 620 peer-reviewed journals and 320 non-embargoed journals. Covers a broad range of studies, including gender studies, criminal justice, social psychology, religion, racial studies, and social work. Abstracts date back to 1895.
Search Strategies: Subject Headings
Following are a sample of Library of Congress Subject Headings related to Criminal Justice. The LC subject headings can be used when searching both the library's online catalog and the library’s online databases.
- Capital Punishment
- Child Abuse
- Criminal Behavior
- Criminal Justice, Administration of
- Criminals Rehabilitation
- Family Violence
- Female Offenders
- Juvenile Delinquency