This guide is an introduction to some of the library resources available for research in Latin American and Caribbean Studies. If you have trouble finding what you are looking for please feel free to contact me at (508) 531-2893 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To assist in finding journal and periodical articles - these databases may require BSU login.
- Credo Reference This link opens in a new windowNearly 3.5 million full text articles in 835 reference books from 108 publishers. Includes encyclopedias, atlases, dictionaries, bilingual dictionaries, and subject-specific works.
- Global Issues in Context This link opens in a new windowGlobal Issues in Context offers international viewpoints on global issues, topics, and current events. Featured are hundreds of continuously updated issue and country portals that bring together a variety of sources for analysis of social, political, military, economic, environmental, health, and cultural issues.
- Biography Reference Center This link opens in a new windowTo search by occupation and nationality click on advanced search. Enter an occupation in the search field (e.g. authors) and type a country in the place of birth field or a nationality in the nationality field - use an adjective form (e.g. argentine).
- Films on Demand This link opens in a new windowSearchable database of digitized films. Click on "Area Studies" for a link to "Latin American Studies."
- Nexis Uni (formerly: LexisNexis Academic) This link opens in a new windowNexis Uni™ features more than 15,000 news, business and legal sources from LexisNexis®—including U.S. Supreme Court decisions dating back to 1790—with an intuitive interface that offers quick discovery across all content types, personalization features such as Alerts and saved searches and a collaborative workspace with shared folders and annotated documents.
- Academic Search Complete This link opens in a new windowMulti-disciplinary full-text database with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. Indexes and abstracts more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, and conference proceedings. Searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,400 journals.
- Gale Academic OneFile This link opens in a new windowThe premier source for peer-reviewed, full-text articles for academic libraries from the world's leading journals, this comprehensive resource covers the physical and social sciences, medicine, engineering, the arts, technology, literature, and many other subjects. With millions of articles in both PDF and HTML full-text format and simultaneous, unlimited usage, researchers are able to find accurate, timely information quickly. Gale's InterLink technology intelligently connects contextually-relevant results from your library's eBook collection on GVRL within articles in a user's search results. The Topic Finder tool adds power and depth to searches, allowing students to mine their search results and develop their research focus in ways never before available.
Selected Web Resources
Free web-based resources
- Documents of Latin American and Latino Art From the International Center for the Arts of the Americas
How do I obtain an article if I have the citation?
Enter the title of the article in the Google Scholar box to find out if it is available at Maxwell Library.
Mon - Fri.: 7:30 am - 11:45 pm
Sat.: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Sun.: 12pm – 11:45pm