Information Literacy Defined
Information Literacy means being able to:
- **find needed information
- **use information effectively and ethically
- **evaluate information for accuracy, timeliness, and bias
For a more detailed definition, see the Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education (Association of College and Research Libraries).
Information Literacy Frameworks, Standards, and Rubrics
Library Instruction Sessions and Research Consultations
Library Instruction Sessions
Library instruction sessions are typically hour-long classes that are tailored to cover topics related to a particular course. Sessions may be longer or shorter, depending on the materials covered and faculty needs.
- Faculty Library Instruction Request Form.
- Education faculty should contact the Educational Resource Center (508-531-1304) to schedule a library class.
Research consultations are one-on-one meetings with professional librarians for extended assistance and may be requested by faculty, staff, or students.