Are ghosts real? Are there angels among us? What do dreams mean? What is the Chupacabras? Can I see a picture of the Loch Ness Monster? And just what is going on at the Bridgewater Triangle? Explore these and other paranormal topics with resources at the Maxwell Library.
Films on Demand - Streaming Video
Searchable database of video clips on almost any topic.
Beyond ScienceFeatured video from the database
- SkepticThis peer-reviewed journals applies scientific models to researching paranormal activities and superstition.
- The Urban Legends Reference PageRumors and other stories are researched by website's owners.
- CryptozoologyPersonal web page with information on mysterious species (e.g. Big Foot, Loch Ness Monster)
Paranormal Phenomena from Opposing Viewpoints Database
Search for Articles
Use these databases to search for articles. A BSU login may be required. Please ask a reference librarian if you need assistance. Call (508) 531-1394, or e-mail email@example.com.
- PsycINFO This link opens in a new windowAbstracts and references for articles from professional psychology journals.
- Religion and Philosophy Collection (Gale) This link opens in a new windowWhy do some people believe in Heaven? Is it fear, hope, upbringing or blind faith? Users of this collection can research different religions, philosophies and how they impact our daily lives. The Religion & Philosophy eCollection is perfect to fill gaps in coverage of this under-served area. Two hundred and fifty subject-appropriate full-text periodicals are included
- Popular Magazines This link opens in a new windowProvides access to the most searched magazines across InfoTrac products, selected based on actual publication searches performed by library patrons.
- Pop Culture Collection This link opens in a new windowMore than 2 million articles from scholarly journals and magazines that both analyze and contribute to popular culture.
- Gale Academic OneFile This link opens in a new windowThe premier source for peer-reviewed, full-text articles for academic libraries from the world's leading journals, this comprehensive resource covers the physical and social sciences, medicine, engineering, the arts, technology, literature, and many other subjects. With millions of articles in both PDF and HTML full-text format and simultaneous, unlimited usage, researchers are able to find accurate, timely information quickly. Gale's InterLink technology intelligently connects contextually-relevant results from your library's eBook collection on GVRL within articles in a user's search results. The Topic Finder tool adds power and depth to searches, allowing students to mine their search results and develop their research focus in ways never before available.
- Academic Search Complete This link opens in a new windowMulti-disciplinary full-text database with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. Indexes and abstracts more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, and conference proceedings. Searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,400 journals.
- Opposing Viewpoints In Context This link opens in a new windowCovers today's hottest social issues, offering differing views to help learners develop critical-thinking skills and draw their own conclusions. Includes pro/con viewpoints, reference articles, interactive maps, infographics, and more.
Clement C. Maxwell Library
Mon - Fri.: 7:30 am - 11:45 pm
Sat.: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Sun.: 12pm – 11:45pm