Selected Reference Resources
These books are available on the first floor of Maxwell Library
Columbia Documentary History of Race and Ethnicity in AmericaCall Number: E184.A1 C57 2004
Dictionary of Latin American and Cultural StudiesCall Number: F1408.3 .D5513 2012
Encyclopedia of the IncasCall Number: F3429 .E495 2015
Encyclopedia of Western Colonialism since 1450Call Number: JV22 .E535 2007
The Oxford encyclopedia of Latinos and Latinas in the United StatesCall Number: E184.S75 O97 2005
The Oxford encyclopedia of Mesoamerican cultures : the civilizations of Mexico and Central AmericaCall Number: F1218.6 .O95
Puerto Rico past and present : an encyclopediaCall Number: F1954 .F47 2015
Race and Ethnic Relations in Latin America and the CaribbeanCall Number: F1419.A1 L48Publication Date: 1980
Race and Racism in the United StatesCall Number: E184.A1 R254 2014
Racism in the United StatesCall Number: E185.615 .M525 2008ISBN: 0495004758
Mon - Fri.: 7:30 am - 11:45 pm
Sat.: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
Sun.: 12pm – 11:45pm
Chat with a Librarian
Search Maxell Library's Online Catalog
To assist in finding journal and periodical articles - these databases may require BSU login.
- Gale Academic OneFile This link opens in a new windowThe premier source for peer-reviewed, full-text articles for academic libraries from the world's leading journals, this comprehensive resource covers the physical and social sciences, medicine, engineering, the arts, technology, literature, and many other subjects. With millions of articles in both PDF and HTML full-text format and simultaneous, unlimited usage, researchers are able to find accurate, timely information quickly. Gale's InterLink technology intelligently connects contextually-relevant results from your library's eBook collection on GVRL within articles in a user's search results. The Topic Finder tool adds power and depth to searches, allowing students to mine their search results and develop their research focus in ways never before available.
- Academic Search Complete This link opens in a new windowMulti-disciplinary full-text database with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. Indexes and abstracts more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, and conference proceedings. Searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,400 journals.
- America: History and Life (with Full Text) This link opens in a new windowFull text coverage of the history and culture of the United States and Canada from prehistory to the present. Includes nearly 200 journals and 100 books, selective indexing for over 1,700 journals, and abstracts in English of foreign language articles.
- Art Full Text This link opens in a new windowFull text articles from more than 250 periodicals covering many topics from fine, decorative and commercial art to photography, film and architecture. Indexing and abstracts for more than 680 periodicals and more than 14,000 at dissertations. Indexing of more than 220,000 art reproductions.
*** Limited to 1 user at a time.
- Credo Reference This link opens in a new windowNearly 3.5 million full text articles in 835 reference books from 108 publishers. Includes encyclopedias, atlases, dictionaries, bilingual dictionaries, and subject-specific works.
- Films on Demand This link opens in a new windowIncludes approximately 26,000 video titles and more than 250,000 video segments covering a broad range of subject areas including humanities, social sciences, business, economics, science, mathematics, health, and medicine.
- Historical Abstracts with Full Text This link opens in a new windowFull text for more than 540 journals and 140 books, indexing of historical articles from more than 2,300 journals in over 40 languages, and searchable cited references for more than 500 journals. Coverage dates back to 1953, with some coverage for titles back to the early 20th century. Subjects include world history, military history, women’s history, history of education and more.
- JSTOR This link opens in a new windowMaxwell Library has access to more than 3,500 journal titles across the following five collections: Arts & Sciences I, II, III, IV, and Ecology and Botany I. Subject coverage includes mathematics, philosophy, anthropology, economics, history, literature, population studies, sociology, music, art, law, education, business, botany, and ecology.
- MLA International Bibliography This link opens in a new windowMore than 2.7 million citations, 6,000 journals and series, 1,200 book publishers, and over 372,000 subject names and terms covering literature, language and linguistics, folklore, film, literary theory and criticism, dramatic arts, as well as the historical aspects of printing and publishing. Listings on rhetoric and composition and the history, theory and practice of teaching language and literature are also included.
- Political Science Complete This link opens in a new windowFull text for nearly 700 journals, 330 reference books, and 47,000 conference papers covering political topics with a worldwide focus. Subjects include comparative politics, humanitarian issues, international relations, law and legislation, non-governmental organizations, and political theory.
- Project MUSE This link opens in a new windowAn interdisciplinary collection of more than 650 high quality, peer reviewed journals designed for institutions acquiring extensively in the humanities and social sciences.
Maxwell Library, Room L109
African Slavery in Latin America and the CaribbeanCall Number: HT1052.5 .K54
Archaeologies of Slavery and Freedom in the CaribbeanCall Number: HT1071 .A73 2016ISBN: 9781683400035Publication Date: 2016
Critical Terms in Caribbean and Latin American ThoughtCall Number: PQ7081 .C7364 2016Publication Date: 2015
The European Colonial EmpiresCall Number: D359.7 .W47 2004
The Forging of the Cosmic Race byCall Number: F1231 .M32ISBN: 0520038908
Nation, Empire, ColonyCall Number: ebook
Slavery and Public History: the Tough Stuff of American MemoryCall Number: E441 .S625 2006