- Academic Search Complete [EBSCO] This link opens in a new windowMulti-disciplinary full-text database with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. Indexes and abstracts more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, and conference proceedings. Searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,400 journals.
- ERIC (via EBSCO) This link opens in a new windowAbstracts to journal articles as well as "grey literature" (pamphlets, conference proceedings, privately published papers) in the field of education. Via E*Subscribe, the full text of selected ERIC documents may be retrieved.
Dates of coverage: 1966-
- Gale Academic OneFile This link opens in a new windowThe premier source for peer-reviewed, full-text articles for academic libraries from the world's leading journals, this comprehensive resource covers the physical and social sciences, medicine, engineering, the arts, technology, literature, and many other subjects. With millions of articles in both PDF and HTML full-text format and simultaneous, unlimited usage, researchers are able to find accurate, timely information quickly. Gale's InterLink technology intelligently connects contextually-relevant results from your library's eBook collection on GVRL within articles in a user's search results. The Topic Finder tool adds power and depth to searches, allowing students to mine their search results and develop their research focus in ways never before available.
- Gale Academic OneFile Select (formerly Expanded Academic ASAP) This link opens in a new window(formerly Expanded Academic ASAP) covers everything from art and literature to economics and the sciences. This resource for academic research integrates the full text of publications from across the disciplines and now includes vocational/technical titles used by community college students, filling a specific need for curriculum-oriented collections. Gale Academic OneFile Select provides indexing for more than 5,000 periodicals, more than 2,800 in full text without any embargo. The combination of full text for scholarly journals and selected general interest titles for smaller academic libraries is ideal.
- General OneFile This link opens in a new windowA general-interest periodical resource, includes more than 14,000 titles across reference, newspaper, and audio content.
- Health and Medicine This link opens in a new windowCreated specifically for students, knowledgeable consumer health researchers, and health care professionals. Includes more than 2,500 embargo-free, full-text periodicals, reference books, pamphlets, and hundreds of videos demonstrating medical procedures and live surgeries.
- Nexis Uni (formerly: LexisNexis Academic) This link opens in a new windowNexis Uni™ features more than 15,000 news, business and legal sources from LexisNexis®—including U.S. Supreme Court decisions dating back to 1790—with an intuitive interface that offers quick discovery across all content types, personalization features such as Alerts and saved searches and a collaborative workspace with shared folders and annotated documents.
- PsycINFO This link opens in a new windowThe world's largest resource devoted to peer-reviewed literature in behavioral science and mental health. Includes nearly 4 million bibliographic records from more than 50 countries and indexing of more than 2,500 journals, 99% of which are peer-reviewed. Coverage dates back to the 17th and 18th centuries, with extensive coverage from the 1800s to the present. Produced by the American Psychological Association (APA) and updated weekly.
- ScienceDirect College Edition This link opens in a new windowProvides access to thousands of journals relating to research and advances in science happening around the globe. Maxwell Library has access to the following collection: Health & Life Sciences Journals.
- SocIndex with Full Text This link opens in a new windowFull text for more than 650 journals and magazines, including more than 620 peer-reviewed journals and 320 non-embargoed journals. Covers a broad range of studies, including gender studies, criminal justice, social psychology, religion, racial studies, and social work. Abstracts date back to 1895.
- SPORTDiscus with Full Text This link opens in a new windowMore than 660 full-text journals, with coverage dating back to 1930. Includes abstracts for nearly 970 journals, and more than 3,800 detailed records for sports-related videos. Subjects include clinical specialties such as orthopedics, coaching and education, consumer health, exercise science and fitness, health education, nutrition, physical education, and physical therapy.
***Limited to four maximum users at a time.
- Newspaper Source This link opens in a new windowFull text for more than 60 national and international newspapers and more than 300 regional U.S. newspapers. Complete television and radio news transcripts from CBS News, CNN, CNN International, FOX News, NPR and more.
Search for Journals A to Z
Database Search Guides
LexisNexis Academic Help: Easy Search
LexisNexis Academic Help: Power Search
508-531-1394 Or email to email@example.com