Talking About RaceFrom the National Museum of African American History and Culture
The North StarPublication of activist Shaun King
M4BLMovement for Black Lives
Know Your RIghtsInformation for protesters from the ACLU
Behind the Veil: Documenting African American Life in the Jim Crow SouthA digital project from Duke University
For Our White Friends Desiring to Be AlliesInformation from the Sojourners
Ten Ways to Fight HateFrom the Southern Poverty Law Center
Anguish and ActionInformation and resources for taking action
Racial Justice SyllabusFrom Duke University Press
Racial Equity, Justice, and InclusionResources from the BSU Pride Center
BIPOC ProjectBlack, Indigenous, and People of Color Moverment
JuneteenthWebsite to be launched on June 19, 2020 to commemorate the 155th anniversary of Juneteenth
- Criminal Justice Abstracts with Full Text This link opens in a new window More than 320 full-text magazines and journals, 540,000 records, and coverage of more than 600 journals from around the world. Subjects include criminology, criminal justice, corrections and prisons, criminal investigations, forensic sciences and investigation, substance abuse and addiction, and probation and parole.
- Criminal Justice Collection This link opens in a new window Brings together information on every major topic in criminal justice from more than 250 journals.
- Criminology: a SAGE Full-Text Collection This link opens in a new window Content not current. Full-text Access to legacy journals only. More than 25,000 articles in 38 peer-reviewed journals, with access back to 1999. Subjects include corrections, criminal justice, family and domestic violence, forensic psychology, juvenile delinquency, juvenile justice, penology, and policing.
- Global Issues in Context This link opens in a new window Integrates news, global viewpoints, reference materials, country information, primary source documents, videos, statistics, and more in a single search; updated daily and offers 250 different country topic pages and more than 400 Issue pages. Global Issues Viewpoints contains more than 3,000 exclusive commentaries that provide background and guidance on significant topics.
- Opposing Viewpoints In Context This link opens in a new window Covers today's hottest social issues, offering differing views to help learners develop critical-thinking skills and draw their own conclusions. Includes pro/con viewpoints, reference articles, interactive maps, infographics, and more.
- Diversity Studies Collection This link opens in a new window More than 2.7 million articles from 150 journals, updated daily, exploring cultural differences, contributions, and influences in the global community.
- Biography in Context This link opens in a new window More than 650,000 biographical articles of international figures from every time period and area of study. Content is searchable across more than 170 titles, videos, audio selections, images, and articles.
- Gale Academic OneFile This link opens in a new window The premier source for peer-reviewed, full-text articles for academic libraries from the world's leading journals, this comprehensive resource covers the physical and social sciences, medicine, engineering, the arts, technology, literature, and many other subjects. With millions of articles in both PDF and HTML full-text format and simultaneous, unlimited usage, researchers are able to find accurate, timely information quickly. Gale's InterLink technology intelligently connects contextually-relevant results from your library's eBook collection on GVRL within articles in a user's search results. The Topic Finder tool adds power and depth to searches, allowing students to mine their search results and develop their research focus in ways never before available.
- Academic Search Complete This link opens in a new window Multi-disciplinary full-text database with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. Indexes and abstracts more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, and conference proceedings. Searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,400 journals.
Selected Reference Books
Historical dictionary of African American television byCall Number: PN1992.8.A34 F43 2014Publication Date: 2014
The Greenwood encyclopedia of African American literature byCall Number: PS153.N5 G73 2005Publication Date: 2005
The encyclopedia of African American military history byCall Number: UB418.A47 W45 2004Publication Date: 2004
Writing African American women : an encyclopedia of literature by and about women of color byCall Number: PS153.N5 W756 2006Publication Date: 2006
African American national biography byCall Number: E185.96 .A4466 2008Publication Date: 2008
Encyclopedia of African American artists byCall Number: N6538.N5 J44 2009Publication Date: 2009
Icons of African American literature : the Black literary world byCall Number: PS153.N5 I33 2011
Encyclopedia of African American Literature byCall Number: EBOOKPublication Date: 2019
Encyclopedia of Black Comics byCall Number: PN6707 .H69 2017Publication Date: 2017
Other Library Resource Guides
Books to Check Out
- How to Be an Antiracist byISBN: 9780525509288Publication Date: 2019-08-13
- Stamped from the Beginning byCall Number: E185.61 .K358 2016ISBN: 9781568584638Publication Date: 2016-04-12
- The New Jim Crow : Mass Incarceration in the age of Colorblindness byCall Number: HV9950 .A437 2010Publication Date: 2010
- Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption byCall Number: KF373.S743 A3 2014Publication Date: 2014
- Between the World and Me byCall Number: E185.615 .C6335 2015Publication Date: 2015
- Experiencing Racism : Exploring Discrimination through the Eyes of College Students byCall Number: LC212.2 .S45 2009Publication Date: 2009
- Reproducing Racism: How Everyday Choices Lock in White Advantage byCall Number: E184.A1 R4467 2014Publication Date: 2014
- The wrong complexion for protection : how the government response to disaster endangers African American communities byCall Number: HV555.U6 B846 2012Publication Date: 2012
- How ethical systems change : lynching and capital punishment byCall Number: HV9950 .E45 2012Publication Date: 2012
- Rethinking Prison Reentry byCall Number: HV9469 .G37 2014ISBN: 9780739183120Publication Date: 2014-08-26
- The Hate U Give byCall Number: JUVFIC T454414hISBN: 9783570164822Publication Date: 2017
- Citizen byCall Number: PS3568.A572 A6 2014ISBN: 9781555976903Publication Date: 2014-10-07
- I Am Your Sister byCall Number: PS3562.O75 I3 2009ISBN: 9780195341485Publication Date: 2009-04-21
- Slave Patrols byCall Number: E443 .H33ISBN: 0674004701Publication Date: 2001-03-26
- Police in a Multicultural Society byCall Number: HV8143 .B27 2018ISBN: 9781478636113Publication Date: 2018-04-19
Selected video from Films on Demand. You can search for more here.
Clement C. Maxwell Library
Clement C. Maxwell Library