Chat with a Librarian
Search the Library Catalog
Maxwell Library uses the Library of Congress Classification System. To locate your book in the General Collection look at the first letter of the call number. If it begins with the letter A-L it will be on the second floor. If it starts with the letters M-Z it will be on the third floor.
Try the Subject Terms "Motion Picture plays-History and Criticism"
Searching the Library CatalogTips
Some suggested call numbers: for music and criminology
- M - MT Music
- HV6001 - 7220.5 Criminology
Some suggested subjects (do a SUBJECT search for these, rather than a keyword search):
- Music, blues, musicians, rap music, folk music, popular music, hip hop
Locating Items in Maxwell Library
- Reference materials and audio CDs can be found on the 1st floor of Maxwell Library.
- Books in the A-L call number ranges are located on the 2nd floor of Maxwell Library.
- Books in the M-Z call number ranges are located on the 3rd floor of Maxwell Library.
- DVDs are located at the circulation desk. Ask a staff member for assistance.
How to Obtain Books from Other Libraries
Films on Demand - Streaming Video
Try searching "music theory" or "music and learning."