- eBook Collection (EBSCO) This link opens in a new window
Selected Reference Books
Reference books are located on the first floor of Maxwell Library in the Reference collection.
- Baker's Biographical Dictionary of MusiciansCall Number: Ref ML105 .B16 2001
- The Concise Oxford Dictionary of MusicCall Number: ML100 .K46 2007
- Dictionary of American Classical ComposersCall Number: ML106.U3 B87 2005ISBN: 0415938481
- Grove book of operasCall Number: ML102.O6 N48 2006
- Harvard Dictionary of MusicCall Number: ML100 .A64 2003ISBN: 0674011635
- Music research: a handbookCall Number: ML113 .S28 2009
- Musical terminology : a practical compendium in four languagesCall Number: ML108 .B55
- Women and music in America since 1900 : an encyclopediaCall Number: ML82 .W625 2002
Some suggested call numbers:
- M - musical scores/printed music
- ML - Literature about music
- MT - Musical instruction and study
Some suggested subjects (do a SUBJECT search for these, rather than a keyword search):
- Arrangement (music)
- Instrumental music
- Music appreciation
- Musical form
- Popular music
Locating Items in Maxwell Library
- Reference materials and audio CDs can be found on the 1st floor of Maxwell Library.
- Books in the A-L call number ranges are located on the 2nd floor of Maxwell Library.
- Books in the M-Z call number ranges are located on the 3rd floor of Maxwell Library.
- DVDs are located at the circulation desk. Ask a staff member for assistance.