- Credo Reference This link opens in a new windowCredo is an online reference library, including dictionaries, thesauri, encyclopaedias, quotations and atlases.
- eBook Collection (EBSCO) This link opens in a new windowSearchable collection of e-books and electronic content
- Gale eBooks (formerly Gale Virtual Reference Library) This link opens in a new windowAa database of encyclopedias and specialized reference sources.
- Complete Directory for People with Disabilities 2017 byCall Number: Reference HV1553 .C66 2017
- Dictionary of Developmental Disabilities Terminology byCall Number: Reference RJ135 .A26 2011Publication Date: 2011
- Handbook of Adolescent Transition Education for Youth with Disabilities byCall Number: ERC Reference LC4031 .H358 2012
- Handbook of Reading Disability ResearchCall Number: ERC Reference LB1050.5 .H265 2011
Steps to Finding Books
- Search Maxwell Library's catalog. If we don't own the book you want, then:
- Search the Massachusetts Commonwealth Catalog (CC). If the book you want is in the catalog request it and have it sent to Maxwell Library.& If the CC doesn't have the book you want:
- Request the book through Interlibrary Loan.
- You can also search for books in Google Books or WorldCat. If you identify titles in either one that you're interested in, you can then obtain them using steps 1-3.
Search the Library Catalog Tips
Some suggested call numbers:
- Children with Disabilities: RJ 486-499; HV 888
- People with Disabilities: HV 1568, HV 3011
- Physical Education for People with Disabilities: GV 445
Some suggested subjects (do a SUBJECT search for these, rather than a keyword search):
- Children with Disabilities
- People with Disabilities
- Physical Education for People with Disabilities
Locating Items in Maxwell Library
- Reference materials and audio CDs can be found on the 1st floor of Maxwell Library.
- Books in the A-L call number ranges are located on the 2nd floor of Maxwell Library.
- Books in the M-Z call number ranges are located on the 3rd floor of Maxwell Library.
- DVDs are located at the circulation desk. Ask a staff member for assistance.