Finding Books, Videos and more at BSU
Maxwell Library's online catalog contains the holdings of Maxwell Library's collections.
Use the online catalog to search for
- Periodical titles (not articles).
Visit Maxwell Library
See this month's schedule or call (508) 531-1749 for the most current Library hours.
Your BSU Connect Card and a valid BSU email account are all that you will need to access our electronic resources and borrow library resources.
10 Shaw Road
Bridgewater State University
Bridgewater, MA 02325
The Maxwell Library has databases that provide access point to journals, newspapers, magazines, and more. These databases include a wide variety of resources that range from the full-text of articles to citations.
To find articles on a particular topic begin with the "Databases A to Z list" and select an appropriate database from the Alphabetical Database List. Select database, then enter your search terms into the search box to get a result list.
An alternative approach is to use the Library's, the MaxGuides subject guides, research strategies, and support, presented by the librarians of Maxwell Library. These guides provide access points for locating books, articles, and other resources to help determine which databases may be most beneficial.
Conduct a search in one of the databases with key search words.
- If Maxwell Library subscribes to the journal in electronic format you will see a link to the database where you can find the full text. Follow the links to the journal, and then find the article you need within it.
- If the A-Z journal list indicates that the journal is in the library's print collection, you can come to the library and find the journal on the shelves of the first floor, or request an electronic copy through MaxExpress. It may take a few days to fill your request.
- If you get a message saying "Sorry, this search returned no results" Maxwell Library does not subscribe to the journal. You can request the article from Interlibrary loan/ Document Delivery Services. This is a free service that allows you to request materials from other libraries. It will take a few days to fill your request.
- Click on Find Full-text or Full Text Finder for this additional information.