Competitors and Complementary Business
Finding direct competitors and complementary businesses (Businesses that are not in direct competition but may be useful to your targeted market.),
Data Axel Reference Solutions (Formerly Reference USA) and Nexis Uni may be both be used to help you locate competitors and complementary businesses.
- Gale Academic OneFile This link opens in a new windowThe premier source for peer-reviewed, full-text articles for academic libraries from the world's leading journals, this comprehensive resource covers the physical and social sciences, medicine, engineering, the arts, technology, literature, and many other subjects. With millions of articles in both PDF and HTML full-text format and simultaneous, unlimited usage, researchers are able to find accurate, timely information quickly. Gale's InterLink technology intelligently connects contextually-relevant results from your library's eBook collection on GVRL within articles in a user's search results. The Topic Finder tool adds power and depth to searches, allowing students to mine their search results and develop their research focus in ways never before available.
- Academic Search Complete This link opens in a new windowMulti-disciplinary full-text database with more than 8,500 full-text periodicals, including more than 7,300 peer-reviewed journals. Indexes and abstracts more than 12,500 journals and a total of more than 13,200 publications including monographs, reports, and conference proceedings. Searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,400 journals.
- Business Economics and Theory Collection This link opens in a new windowMore than 1,800 titles, with a strong emphasis on titles covered in the EconLit bibliographic index. Exclusive features, including Topic Finder, InterLink, and a mobile-optimized interface, support and enhance the search experience.
- Business Source Complete This link opens in a new windowBusiness Source Complete covers business, management, finance, accounting, international business, and economics topics with premium full-text content and peer-reviewed business journals.
- CCH AnswerConnect Tax Research Software This link opens in a new windowThe text of federal and state tax regulations, as well as the Internal Revenue Code and other tax publications. It offers a unique combination of the text and explanations of tax law, and examples of how to apply it in real world situations.
- EconLit with Full Text This link opens in a new windowFull text for more than 70 journals and 15 books, and all of the indexing available in EconLit. Subjects include capital markets, country studies, econometrics, economic forecasting, environmental economics, government regulations, labor economics, monetary theory, and urban economics.
***Limited to 1 user at a time.
- D&B Hoovers This link opens in a new windowD&B Hoovers, previously known as OneSource, is a company database. It provides a one‐stop shop for information about companies, executives, industries, and current events related to business. You can use it to find such as company profiles, news, analyst reports, SWOT analyses, executive information, and company financials as well as make custom lists and reports for US and international companies.
- Data Axle Reference Solutions This link opens in a new windowOffers accurate data on 49 million businesses, including executive title, business type, sales volume, employee size, year established and more. Access includes: U.S. Businesses, U.S. Healthcare, U.S. Historical Businesses, U.S. Jobs/Internships, U.S. New Businesses, U.S. Standard White Pages, One Source Global Business Browser, Canadian Businesses, and Canadian White Pages.
- Gale Legal Forms This link opens in a new windowAccess a wide selection of state-specific (and multi-state) legal forms and resources across the most popular legal areas. Database to search legal forms. It includes forms for common legal procedures; real estate contracts, wills, premarital agreements, landlord tenant and others.
- Nexis Uni (formerly: LexisNexis Academic) This link opens in a new windowNexis Uni™ features more than 15,000 news, business and legal sources from LexisNexis®—including U.S. Supreme Court decisions dating back to 1790—with an intuitive interface that offers quick discovery across all content types, personalization features such as Alerts and saved searches and a collaborative workspace with shared folders and annotated documents.
- Regional Business News This link opens in a new windowFull text for more than 100 regional U.S. and Canadian business publications, including coverage back to 1990. Key resources include newspapers, radio and television news transcripts, trade publications, magazines, and newswires.
Database Search Guides
Wall Street Journal
Wall Street Journal This link opens in a new windowComprehensive coverage back to 1984 from the world's leading financial newspaper.