Welcome to the Maxwell Library
The library is on the west-side of campus. It is a great place to study, meet people, conduct research, and relax. Information about the Library can generally be found on the library home page and in our subject guides (MaxGuides).
Access Off Campus
- Off-campus access to the library’s online resources (e.g. databases and journal articles) is open to current BSU students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
- When accessing library subscribed e-resources from off-campus, you will be directed to a login page.
- Enter your username (first half of your email extension) and password to access the databases, ejournals or ebooks.
- After signing in, you should have Off Campus Access.
See below for Library department specific information
Providing outstanding customer service is a primary responsibility. Our goal is to assist our users in a friendly, respectful, and stress-free way.
· Competently assist patrons with services and resources
· Treat all users with respect and courtesy
· Confidentiality— is vital to protect—do not share user information available to any person or agency except to conduct required library services.
· Policies and procedures are set as guidelines and sometimes require discretion and flexibility.
General Academic Calendar Hours
|Monday-Thursday||7:30am - 11:45pam|
|Friday||7:30am - 5:00pm|
|Saturday||8:30am - 4:00pm|
Welcome to the Maxwell Library Student Training Guide. Any questions not answered in this MaxGuide can be answered by your supervisor, the library administration, or other full-time staff.
Student workers are important to the library and the community. You will be helping the library assist other students, staff, faculty, administrators, and guests of BSU.
Library work can also help you:
- Learn about the library and the campus
- Gain customer service skills
- Learn new technologies
- Obtain work experience for resumé building
- Meet a diverse set of people
This tutorial provides basic information to enhance your in-person training.
Please Note: Records and files are confidential by law and must not be discussed outside of your department. Please do not leave personal information on the screen any longer than necessary. Be careful and discrete when utilizing KOHA as you are directly affecting our users' records and privacy. Any irregularities or messages that appear on the screen are to be brought to the immediate attention of a staff person. Personal patron information, addresses, telephone numbers, etc., or disclosing the name of a borrower of a particular book/item is strictly forbidden. If someone is persistent in requesting such information please inform a staff person at once.